Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kyle's 1st birthday











OK- first I have to say I know I'm lame at keeping my blog updated. I have to say keeping up with 2 toddlers has been a challenge for me. Devin gave up her naps as soon as we got back from Vietnam...so there is no down time anymore. Bummer. I have to say mid-Sept to mid- October was a really rough time for me. Kyle was REALLY clingy and whiny and I was beside myself. I really had a rough time and was stressed. He is doing much better now and much less whiny. Thank God. I was feeling like... "What have I got myself into?!" I brought it up on my agency chat group and got slammed by another mother like " you need to carry him at all times and never let him down". What?! I don't think so. I can show my son love and affection and be a good mom without holding him all the time. Anyway, he is doing a lot better and I have also been figuring out what works/ what doesn't work with Kyle. He & Devin love being together... although there definately are some squabbles. He bit Devin last week when he was excited. She screamed bloody murder (left a big mark). The next day, she scratched him in the face, on purpose, when he wanted to play with her and she didn't want to share.

Kyle is now walking and chasing his sister around the house. He learns very quickly and can say a few words now.... Mama, Dada, bye (and waves), car , ball, and don't. He is eating finger foods and is willing to try anything. We are still having some issues with intermittent diarrhea. I haven't totally figured that out yet. He is now sleeping well and taking good naps and sleeps well at night.

We had a small family party for him on Sunday for his 1st birthday. He LOVES chocolate cake and ate a whole cupcake by himself! He says Mmmm... mmmm.... (like yumm yummm). Course, it gave him diarrhea the next day..oh well.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Happy 1st birthday Kyle!