Saturday, May 10, 2008

While I wait...

Well, it's been over a week since my last entry... work is busy, busy busy. It's our busy season- and as the saying goes, work hard when you can. Since I will be taking 6 weeks of unpaid, leave of absence (maternity leave) when Kyle gets here, I need to make the money while I can. I have to say I really like working less in the off season. :). Thursday was my only day off this past week, so, Devin & I crammed the day with activities... went to splash park, then her swimming lessons, and then home for lunch & nap (for Devin, not me). After her nap, I got my hair cut & colored- fighting my almost all grey hair every step of the way- just cause I'm almost 40 doesn't mean I want to look like it! My hairdresser dyed my hair a little too dark this time - said my hair looked washed out- not sure if I like it -but Jack does. So, I guess its ok. That't the beauty about hair, if you don't like it, it will always grow & you can change the color next time. Then, Devin & I went & got our nails done at a Vietnamese nail salon. Yes, that's right, they painted Devin's too (for $3)- she LOVES it and sits very still. The lady who did our nails was very sweet & Devin showed her a picture of Kyle (and everyone who wanted to see). She also showed told everyone at the hair salon about Kyle... "I'm going to be a big sister. Brother lives far, far away. I am going to change his diapers and feed him a bottle...". She is so proud and can't wait to get him.

Anyway, besides work, here are some things I'm doing while I wait to get Kyle...

  • Will & Living Will -for me & Jack
  • Packing lists
  • Things to see/places to eat, etc. while in Vietnam list
  • Getting fences fixed
  • Set-up care for animals while we are gone & emergency directives
  • Gifts for nannies in orphanages
  • Went through Devin's baby clothes to donate to orphanage when I go
  • Buying supplies for trip
  • shopping for clothes for me for summer/trip
  • Getting stuff put aside for trip including all paperwork- putting it all in Kyle's crib right now

We are hoping to get approval sometime in June... we'll see. We are now on working day 10 or ll of our wait for our I-600 approval. Here are a few pictures of Devin playing in her kiddie pool in the backyard last week...

No comments: