Sunday, September 28, 2008

Welcome Home Kyle Party










I haven't posted for a couple weeks...my daughter Devin gave up her naps which has totally bummed me out. It's my only "me" time to get things done... emails, reading, yard work, or watch a DVD. So, I haven't had a chance to post. Plus, I went back to work 2 weeks ago. I have to say... I love being back to work. Taking care of two toddler is HARD! I have to go to work so I can rest. :) Kyle is doing great at childcare. He & Devin go together to a homecare (Miss Julie's) and they are both doing well. I think it has helped having them together. Plus, it's easier on me to only have one place to pick up & drop off at.

Last night, my brother Eric & his wife Krista had a "Welcome Home Kyle" party. It was a great success. My sister Katherine surprised me and flew from San Fran to attend as a surprise. They pretended to need to borrow a cooler on Friday night to come over to my house. It was definately a surprise... I had no clue... and I'm a hard one to pull a surprise on. It was after- work, I was in my grubbies with hair in pony-tail, house not so clean, and eating popcorn and a beer for dinner. I know that sounds bad... but I DID feed the kids a nutritious meal! Do as I say...not as I do! haha. Katherine spent the night and stayed with me on Saturday to catch up and get to visit with Kyle.

On Saturday night, we had a great time at Kyle's party. There were a lot of friends and family there. Kyle did great. He is standing and cruising and using his walker. He will be walking very soon. He has 8 teeth in now and is quite a biter (happy or teething bites... but bites all the same.. OUCH). He did very well for the big crowd. He gets a little intimidated by a lot of people ...but took it in stride. He can now say Mama and Dada... directed towards Me & Jack. Devin was a bit wound-up yesterday b/c of Katherine visiting and the party. She is sacked out on the floor right now (1st time she's napped for me in 3 weeks). Today, we opened all the gifts for Kyle and everyone was so generous... lots of nice clothes, books, and toys. I will use some of the gift cards to buy him a new car seat. That's all for now... the little Dude just woke up....

No comments: