Sunday, January 4, 2009

Christmas & New Year's










Well, the holidays are over. It is so much fun to celebrate with kids. They bring the fun & excitement back into the holidays. Of course, the got too many gifts again.... we tried to cut back. But, they got a lot of gifts from friends and family. We have to say that Devin got a new bike for Christmas from Santa and she was very excited. Kyle got a lot of cars and likes to make the "car noises". We traveled back East to Delaware to visit family. We actually traveled on Christmas day. It worked out ok... got to see my parents, sister Vicki & family, and brother Mike & family. It was the first time they have met Kyle. Both kids did pretty well on the plane ... we are in "survival" mode during that time. Just try to get through it and entertain the kids. I also got a chance to see my friend Kathy from college and 2 friends Maureen & Char from High School. Kyle did well and adjusted to his new environment and new people better than expected. By the time we left, he was going to his grandparents and even gave grandma a kiss!

Speaking of kisses, we have had a few firsts lately... he is now "giving unsolicited" kisses to me (open mouth... but we are working on that)and giving solicited kisses to Devin & Jack. I know he is understanding more and more... he will come up and give hugs (he leans his head on you) if I say he has to say sorry. He does have a bit of a temper and thrashes his arms and yells whe he is mad. Thus, why he has to say he is sorry... he sometimes hits Devin or other people. He definately has become competitive with his sister and if I'm giving her hugs... he runs up and hits her,pushes her or pulls her hair and yells and tries to push his way into my arms. Even if I'm hugging him at same time, he does not want to share me. He thinks I'm all his! He can also give "high 5's now" and smile with a cheesy smile (see photo of him in car seat) when I point camera at him! He is figuring out I like to take pictures (got a new camera from my hubby for Christmas).

Devin is into "body parts" lately... who has them and what are they. She says she has a "china" and boys have a penis. It makes me laugh so much I don't correct her. It's actually kinda cute. She is big into pretend and playing with her animals. I think she is also going through growing pains in her legs... she says they hurt "on the inside Mom". I had them when I was young too. Did I tell you she cut her own hair a few weeks ago?! I knew it was going to happen sooner or later. A big chunk of hair about 3" wide was about 3-4" shorter than the rest of her hair. I asked her what happeneded and she said "I don't know". Hmmm... I finally got the truth out of her.

The kids enjoyed visiting their cousins over the holidays... Devin & Eben really liked to play together. He is a handful and I don't envy my brother Mike at all. He is a lifetime member of the time-out club. We shall see what happens with Kyle in the future. He definately is moer adventurous and has more of a temper than Devin. I think that is being a boy. People say boys are easier than girls. But, I really think girls are easier than boys... at least when they are toddlers. We'll see what I think when she is a teenager! :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Cool!! I am from Newark,Delaware and live right over the border in North east,Md. When did you graduate and where did you go to High school?

Heather- Mommy to Meliah and Khai 21 months old born in Lang son,Vietnam