Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Kids are Crazy

Yup. My kids were completely wild tonight. Kyle is running around like a nut... trying to push all the furniture, trash cans, high chair and wagons around. He is always trying to climb on his kids chair and has fallen off and banged his head several times. His pain tolerance is very high (which is the exact opposite of Devin who has none)and pain is not a deterant for him. He will bang his head or hurt himself, cry for 10 seconds, and then DO IT AGAIN. He banged his head twice on the bathtub today... trying to stand up and jump all around and also fell off the kids chair once today. Plus, he hit his head yesterday and got a bloody lip this past weekend. He constantly has a new bruise on his forehead or an old one healing. Plus, he likes to push the envelope. He got a stool and stood next to the counter and tried SEVERAL times to play with the stove knobs. I said No several times... and flicked his hands... and he still wouldn't stop until we physically picked him up and moved him away. Then, he was off to the toilet (still with pee in it that Devin didn't flush) and played with that. Got him cleaned up and closed the toilet and door... Then, we got into the cat's water bowl and knocked it all over the place. Finally, I had enough of playing defense and put him to bed.

As for Devin, she is the "informer" and goes around either instigating drama with Kyle or informing me of his wrong doings... "Mom.. Kyle's playing in the toilet. Mom, Kyle is pullin off all the toilet paper. Mom, Kyle is playing in the cat's food. Mom, Kyle is playing in the trash can. Mom, Kyle just ate something off the floor." The list goes on. :) Devin had dance at The Little Gym today. This is 2nd week of new semester. Since this is a new class (although same teachers and same placce) she is being shy and reserved... as usual. But, this week is better than last week. She really likes the teachers and her confidence is slowly getting better.

As for me, I have been very busy at work lately. Our clinic hosted the Veterinary Management Group this weekend. I was out Thurs night, all day Friday & Friday night, all day & night Sat & Sunday. So, I didn't get to see the kids much. We had our first babysitter at home on Friday night. It went well and we will use her again. Kyle and Devin both liked her and no crying. This is good b/c Kyle does not except new people easily and won't let me leave him at church or the gym. He freaks out. But, he did well on his home turf. I am glad it worked out b/c Jack and I are going to try and have more "date nights" this year. It is our New Years Resolution to find more time for each other as a couple. That is hard to do with two toddlers. Anyway, the meeting was about buying/ selling a veterinary practice. It is in the planning stages for me to buy into my clinic as a partner this year. I hope it all works out.

No comments: