Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Can I have some personal space, please?

Ok- I'm serious. I would really like some personal space. If it's not the kids, it's the cat. I can't even write this blog b/c my cat is trying to lay on my right arm. I keep pushing him away- but he is very persistant, and fat. So, it's not only a cat, but a very fat cat who is weighing my arm down. So, Jack is putting the kids to bed b/c my last nerve is gone. They are pushing my buttons today. As I write this, I am having a Bailey's on the rocks to calm my nerves. As Jack & I always say when people ask us what our parenting secret is... cocktails. :) I just shoved the cat off my arm for the 6th time... he is finally lying next to me rather than on me. Jack says I repeat, "What did I just say?!" about a thousand times a day to the kids. I say it, they ignore it....

"Kyle, stop hitting your sister"... he does it again, I say, "What did I just say?!"
"Kyle, stop throwing your food"... he does it again, I say, "What did I just say?!"
"Kyle, dont' jump on me, that hursts"... he does it again, I say, "What did I just say?!"
"Devin & Kyle, stop spitting water out of the bathtub"... they do it again, I say, "What did I just say?!"

Seriously. This is just a taste of what today was like. And, I would really like to pee in peace. Kids can't stand it when I close the bathroom door... and stand on the other side, knocking, asking me what I'm doing (What do you think I'm doing?!), can they come in, when will I be done, can they flush the toilet...

On a good note, Kyle is finally letting me drop him off at daycare at the gym for the last few weeks and is no longer crying. YEA! I finallly get to work out on a consistent basis. Of course, I am in sad shape and the last 3 weeks have sucked. After the first week, my fitness instructor asked me how I was doing... I said, "Well, it sucked". My second week working out, she asked me again how I was doing (obviously I look pathetic in class), I say, "It sucked less than last week." This week, she hasn't asked me yet, but I can say, I am feeling a little better but still have a hard time doing all the exercises in the classes. It kicks my ass! But, there is hope for me yet and I really want to get back into good shape. Since Kyle, I have not exercised consistently b/c of his neediness and I look like it too. I hate being in my 40's, looking in the mirror, and LOOK like I'm in my 40's. My age is showing. Ugh.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I hear ya!!! I need some space. Grace and the dog were high maintenance today. And I look in the mirror and I can tell I am forty.