Monday, January 11, 2010

Sick, again.

OK- Kyle is sick again. Ugh. I really should have knocked on wood somewhere last time when I said he was getting healthier... Had him rechecked by doctor at end of December. He hadn't gained any weight but did not lose any either. His vomiting/diarrhea has almost 100% resolved once I switched him to almond milk. I had two more of his vaccines boostered at the end of December. So, now he is only behind in two vaccines.

Anyway, he spiked a high fever 2 days ago (102.6). Since then, he has had a high fever for last 3 days It was really high yesterday- spiking up to 103.5. Then, it would only drop to 102.2 on ibuprofen and then start climbing again. So, I gave him a warm washcloth bath last night too. Last night, he was drooling a little and sticking his hands in his mouth. So, I looked in his mouth with a flashlight and he had some white spots on the back of his throat/tonsil area and a ulcer on his tonsil. Poor guy. So, I stayed home from work today and took him to doctor this morning. His strep test (quick swab) came back negative. I asked for them to send in a culture too. Anway, they initially thought it was Hand,Foot & Mouth- but Kyle already had that last spring. So, they just called it a "viral pharyngitis". He seems to feel better this afternoon and this evening. His fever isn't as high, but his temp goes up and down all a day. It was 102.3 this morning, 100.1 this afternoon, 97.1 at dinner, and 101.1 at bedtime. So, I have been giving him a lot of ibuprofen these last few days. So, we shall see how tomorrow goes... I hope he gets better soon. I can't miss work on Wednesday too. Fortunately, I don't work tomorrow.

Well, that's the update for now. Spending a lot of time at home watching the movie, Cars, for the millionth time and Thomas the Train. I wish he liked to watch something else when I'm holding him.

No comments: