Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Crisis Mode is Finally Over

Ok. Sadly, I have not blogged for awhile. I feel like my life has been somewhat in constant crisis mode from August through October. It finally started slowing down in November. So, now I am in "catch up" mode. I will try to be a better blogger. So, what has kept me so busy... Well, besides work, kids, husband and farm.....

On my last blog I discussed Devin having problems in school. That was the tip of the iceburg. It was a complete nightmare for 6-8 weeks. She had a REALLY hard time adjusting to school. The school was NOT helpful despite me asking for a counselor, coming every day at lunch to sit with her, picking her up early, etc.... She cried hysterically everyday at drop off for over a month. The school was not helpful and kept sending her to the principal's office or by herself every time she cried. It made it worse. She wasn't eating well, losing weight, etc. On top of it, my pediatrician's office wouldn't allow me to make an appt to talk to my doctor about it. Being fed up, I switched my pediatrician. I loved their doctor, but didn't like the front office staff AT ALL. So, we have a new doctor now. Anyway, finally, I got in touch with the school "psychologist" (not "counselor") after much prodding and investigating on my own. Still don't understand why it took over a month for this to happen- not a single person in their school suggested this to me. And let me tell you.... EVERYONE in the school knew she was having a problem... the principal, the nurse, her teacher, the front office staff, the lunch ladies... etc. Still don't get it. Anyway, the school psychologist and our new doctor really helped us and got Devin and her teacher on the right track. She is doing much better now and seems to like school now. During this whole saga, I was running around with my head cut off... running between school, Kyle's daycare, Devin's school... back to work, back to daycare... I got REALLy sick for weeks at the end of August and missed a few days at work. Ended up at the doctors myself with a sinus infection.

During this time, work got crazy in September. My boss and all the other vets at the practice decided to go on vacation or take time off at the same time... leaving me to do all the work myself. It was a nightmare. During this time, my husband's brother, Joe had a massive stroke and died a week later. Jack was by his side all week and it was just stressful all around.

In October, my mother came to visit for a month. It was great to have her here. The kids loved having their grandmother here. During this time, we decided to have a mini- family reunion and 80th birthday party for my mom. Well, it ended up being a huge "party weekend". My 3 sisters flew in and we all went out to eat to celebrate my Mom's birthday. Then, we had a party and family reunion at my house all day the next day. I thought it was going to be a small party of 15-20 people. It ended up about 40 people. Then, we had "spa day" with my sisters and Mom. That was fun and I really needed it. My sisters stayed another day. Overall, it was a great weekend... just a lot of planning and hectic.

Another crisis we had during October was my husband Jack. He got severe sciatica at the beginning of October. He was severely incapicitated the whole month of October and basically was just lying around in pain on meds. He was back and forth seeing mulitple doctors. So, he was no help with the kids or any of the events for the month of October. He is still on the mend, but doing much better now. But, it has literally taken 2 months.

During October and November, I also sold my 3 horse gooseneck trailer and bought a smaller 2 horse slant. I just recenty sold my one ton truck, which I'm sick to death of driving. We are in the process of buying a smaller 1/2 ton truck which should be done by tomorrow. I finally feel like things are slowing down a little. Still really busy but not in "crisis mode" anymore. Actually got a chance to ride and workout a few times in last 2 weeks. Had about 50-60 people over for our annual family Thanksgiving bash. We went up to Camp Verde last Friday for Joe's memorial service and spread his ashes. Got my Christmas cards ordered. Finally been able to go to a few Mom's club functions in last few weeks. So, life is getting better.

Jack's parents are not doing very well and Jean has really been going down hill lately. Jack's sister in law, Geri, is also not doing well. So, don't know what will happen with them in next 6-12 months. Doesn't look good.

Well, gotta go. Kyle's finger is bleeding and Devin's tooth is about to fall out.

No comments: