Thursday, April 24, 2008

I-600 Receipt!

I got a great email this morning...the receipt for my I-600! This is an official receipt of my Petition to Classify an Orphan as an immediate Relative from the USCIS. Now, the USCIS investigates to be sure my son qualifies as an orphan and that there is no fraud taking place (which occurs in any developing country). The investigation can take up to 60 working days but recently its been taking about 6 weeks... So, we will see.... I am very excited. Now, the countdown to get Kyle is officially on. :) Jack and I have been talking about the I-600 and Kyle this morning and Devin asks, "Are we gonna get Kyle today? Can we see him all day long?" She doesn't really understand time... but I tell her, "We are getting brother soon." Once our I-600 is approved, most families usually travel within 2 weeks after approval. So, maybe late June or early July?? If so, we would be able to bring Kyle to my family reunion this summer and he could meet his grandparents, cousins and Aunts and Uncles!!
Here are some happy photos of Devin & Bear playing fetch... she is a true animal lover (follows after her mommy) and just loves cuddling with the cats and playing with the dogs. Bear is so good with her. I am such a labrador lover... they are such great family dogs. The bad thing about them is they like to chew up everything. The good thing is the don't like to chew up kids. :)





1 comment:

Brian and Christine said...

Congrats Traci!!! I remember the relief I felt when we received our receipt, because at least then we could start the countdown.

I love Labs too. We have two black labs and they are wonderful with my special needs kid.

Let's hope that our approvals will come soon!!!

Christine