Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Still Waiting...

Haven't written much about the adoption lately because there is not much to report. That is why I have been reflecting on my past journey with infertility. We are still waiting for our I-600 to be filed. We Fed-Exed it 3 weeks ago. It has not been filed yet. We have been told sometime this month. Once its filed, the countdown is on. I have sent emails to friends and family to encourage our politicians to speed things up. I got a letter back today from Senator Jon Kyl who has forwarded my letter on to the appropriate people to help speed up this delayed process.


I was optimistically hoping to travel in June- but it does not look that way. I think July or August is more likely. Of course, that is not the best time for me to take off at work b/c my boss has not hired another intern. I don't know why he is not more pro-active, but he will be in big trouble if me and the other vet are gone at the same time. I plan on taking at least 6 weeks off "maternity leave" when we go to get Kyle. I need time to travel, bring him home, and adjust to our new home and bond. Plus, I need to find him a daycare provider b/c my current one doesn't take infants. I plan on doing this after I get him.


I have not gotten any recent photos of Kyle. He is now 5 1/2 months old. I wonder how big he is now and what size will he be wearing when we get him? Last photos were a month ago when another person from my agency went to travel to Kyle's orphanage to pick up her daughter. She brought some gifts for Kyle (a stuffed puppy, blanket and rattle) and took some updated photos for me. How cool is that?! Gotta love the internet and Yahoo groups.


I sent some more gifts for him to another person from our agency to give to him when she goes to pick up her son. She has not traveled yet and is still waiting for her I-600 to be approved. When she goes, she will try to get some updated photos of Kyle for me. These may be the only infant photos I will get of my son! I have asked my agency for updated photos- but have not received any since his referral in February.


So, now I will go back to my infertility journey until I hear more news...



No comments: