Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sometimes ya just need your mom

Yup... sometimes ya just need your mom, no matter how old you are. I finally got to talk to my mom today. I hadn't spoken to her in a week.... missing each other when I called. It was so good to talk to her. She just makes me feel better. She gave me some good advice with Devin... and just made my problems seem like nothing I can't handle. Devin had a pretty good day yesterday (after my "stressed" blog)and a better day today. I feel much better today. Like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders. She is eating better and is happier. Thus, I feel better and feel happier.

Talking to my mom is bittersweet. We laugh, we cry. We talked about my dad... my mom got over 100 cards saying what a great guy he was...always happy, smiling and upbeat. It made my mom proud. I talked to her about a dream I had the other night about my dad... I could see him and we were talking. It seemed so real. Then, in my dream, I realized it wasn't real and started sobbing in my dream. Then, I woke up and was sad. We both talked about how my dad being gone seems like a dream we should wake up from.

Overall, I just feel relieved today. Talking to my mom. Devin feeling and eating better. Kyle being a good boy talking up a storm. He was so sweet this morning. He got in bed with me this morning and snuggled up with me. Then, I said I had to get ready for work... he said "one more minute Mommmy". So cute. Gonna go read my library book about dealing with worried kids. :)

No comments: