Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sick, sick, sick. Ugh.

Yup. We have all been sick. It has been a pain in the butt. About 10 days ago, Devin & I were the first to get sick. She had the flu... high fever, cough, snotty nose, laryngitis... for days. Of course, Jack and I had to juggle our work schedules for 10 days. I take a day off. Then, he takes a day off. Then we juggle back and forth each working 1/2 days to watch whoever was sick. During this time, I had a sore throat for days. Since Devin tested negative to strep throat...I figured it was just a really bad cold. Anyway, as I was suffering through that, I was working and taking care of Devin. Then, just as Devin was getting healthy... Kyle got sick with the flu. So, I didn't take him to the doctor since I already knew what it was. I was starting to feel a little better and then all of a sudden worse again. So, I went to Urgent Care and was diagnosed with some respiratory allergies and a secondary sinus infection. You know I don't feel good when I go to the doctor! So, now I'm on antibiotics, decongestants, and antihistamines. I finally feel better today (after 10 days). I think the decongestants made me feel worse--- dizzy, light headed. So, I didn't take them today. Glad I wasn't on call this weekend. Went to a bridal shower/ Derby day yesterday.. then to a neighbor's party last night for a while. But, overall, pretty low key weekend. Trying to let us all rest, relax and get better! Devin should be back in school this week and back to a normal daycare schedule. Yea!

No comments: