Wednesday, May 5, 2010

We survived all the fungus among-us.

Yea. I think I can finally see the end to all the sicknesses. My home has been the den of bacteria and viruses for the past 2 weeks... but the end is in sight. After all the drama... Devin had the flu. I had a sinus infection. Kyle got the flu. Then, he just never seemed to get better.... so I took him to doctor yesterday. He was diagnosed with infections in both ears AND a sinus infection! Poor peanut. They gave him a shot of antibiotics in the office yesterday... and said we had to bring him back again today for another shot b/c he was so sick yesterday. They kind of scared me b/c they said if he was doing much worse last night I'd have to take him to the ER! He was such a sick boy yesterday-- he actually fell asleep in my arms in the doctor's exam room! He NEVER falls asleep in my arms unless he is very sick. Actually, he can rarely sit still. So, the fact that he wanted to lay in my arms for the last week for up to 40min at time tells me how sich he was.

Well, thank God he responded and didn't need another shot of antibiotics today. He is much improved and no longer running fevers today! He is now on oral antibiotics and eye drops (for the sinus infection which is backing up his nasolacrimal ducts into his eyes- YUCK). This is the first night he didn't need ibuprofen for the last 8days! He can finally go back to daycare tomorrow afternoon.

Thank God. It has been so difficult for Jack and I to juggle our work schedules to be with our sick kids for the last 2 weeks. I still have a snotty nose but otherwise doing ok. Feel much better with the Z-pack antibiotics. Here's hoping for a good weekend and good Mother's Day!!!

No comments: