Saturday, June 14, 2008

Waiting for I-600 Approval


Well, we are still waiting... it's like watching water boil. We are supposed to get approval from the USCIS within 60 WORKING days. We are now at 35 working days and 50 regular days. The cut-off for 60 working days is July 25th. Some people from my agency who got their referrals at the same time as me, have already been approved and are traveling later this month. However, their children are in a different orphanage. My son is in a province which has been delayed ...Murphy's law... just my luck. I guess God figured- she's waited this long, what's another couple months just to REALLY test her patience?! We have our bi-annual family reunion scheduled for late July. Knowing my luck, we will be traveling then. The ONLY week of the year which I don't want our travel to Vietnam to be scheduled. But, since I have such great luck in this area- I'm sure I will miss it. And, I really want to see my family and wanted Kyle to be with us! It takes place in San Diego and I am hoping to take Devin to Disneyland and Sea World. Plus, we are celebrating my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Another bonus with all this... fuel prices are at an all time high-so it will literally cost us a small fortune to fly to Vietnam this summer.

On a good note.... I FINALLY got updated pictures of Kyle a few days ago. I almost didn't recognize him- he has grown so much!! It was a comfort to get some updated photos of him. Of course, I scrutinize them to death. He looks healthy and gaining weight well. Unfortunately, I don't have one photo where he is smiling. He has dozens of mosquito bites on him... poor little punkin. Obviously, they don't have air conditioning at the orphanage... so they leave windows/ doors open. Little guy is too small to swat them or scratch them.


Our facilitator, GT Le, also requested copies of all our passports. So, I'm taking this as a good sign. People ask me how I can stand the wait... isn't it driving me crazy? My answer is... it's out of my control. I can't do anything about it... so, no use worrying about something I have no control over. I try to keep myself busy at work, with Devin, and other activities. Since I have 2 dogs, 3 horses, 2 cats, a daughter and a messy husband, and very busy job... I don't get bored and the time passes fairly quickly. Here is a couple funny pictures of Devin... one with a t-shirt which pretty much sums up my life, and the next 2 of Devin in the bathtub goofing around...

No comments: