Sunday, June 29, 2008

Kyle's Baby Shower

This is photo I took of our family last night before the baby shower for Kyle. Our good friends Dan & Lynne hosted a "Jack & Jill" baby shower for us last night. It was a lot of fun and made it seem more real that we will actually get Kyle soon. I know this sounds weird... but it really hit home to open up boy gifts instead of girl stuff... we are going to have a boy! Of course, Devin had to open up all the gifts and just had a ball eating cake and being the center of attention. We got a lot of cute boy gifts and clothes... Here are a few pictures....

Ok- here is a little pitty party for myself...This morning I just read in my Yahoo Chat group another family has been approved and are traveling soon to pick up their daughter. At this point, I am having a little bit of a hard time feeling happy for other people. I know that sounds selfish, but I want it to be our turn now. People are passing me by (once again) and the wait is starting to get to me. No one seems to give us much info or know much about why our wait is so long. All I know is, our son is in the Quang Nam province, and there has been only one approval from our agency in this province since January. Its making me a little worried,but our agency is not saying much to appease these worries. I am a VERY patient person... but I have to say my patience is about gone. I am getting impatient and frustrated. If they would give me more info- I would feel better. We are now at 45 working days. Our 60 working days is up on July 21st. Keep us in your prayers...

4 comments:

Allie, Katie and Harper's Mom said...

Hello,

I found your blog through Cindy's
Congrats on your Son from Vietnam
I'm in the process for
paperchasing from China for #2
We live in the Goodyear Area
Do you know about the RQ? There
are lots of people adopting from
Vietnam as well as China ON THE
SITE AND THEY HAVE TONS OF INFO!

Take Care,

Sindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Traci! I just found your blog. I'm glad that your baby shower was fun! I'm so sorry about your wait. I understand the pain of a prolonged, uncertain wait for travel and I really understand watching families pass you by. There were SO many families that rec'd referrals months after us that traveled months before us. It's very, very hard. I hope that your wait isn't much longer.

Sherri said...

I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog! Just know that even though the wait is awful the Que Son babies are loved and well cared for. Those ladies sobbed when we were at the orphanage.

Wenni Donna said...

Thanks for sharing this information on baby shower party. Last month, I arranged birthday party of my best friend’s daughter at an exotic event venue and ordered a birthday cake for her. Had an amazing party and she really liked it a lot.