Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Thousand Burning Suns

A thousand burning suns... that is how hot it feels in Phoenix. The temp has been over 110 degrees for over 17 days now! Today it is 114 degrees. Ugh. Plus, I work outside. Fun. NOT!!! I am running out of things to do inside with Devin. One can only color, play with playdough, play with baby dolls and trains for so long. They say it will be very hot in Vietnam- but its gotta be cooler than here. So, I don't think I will mind the heat when I go to Vietnam. At least I won't feel like my skin is burning off my body when I walk outside. Seriously!

Got a letter back from my senator today & the Office of Children's Issues at the US Dept of State. I wrote everyone I could think of letters about our wait for Kyle. This is a portion of what the US Dept of State said...

" Because of the irregularities (of Vietnam adoptions), US government officials in Vietnam have had to undertake numerous field investigations to verifiy that the Vietnamese children adopted by American citizens and are applying for orphan visas are indeed orphans required by U.S. law. However, in a number of cases, U.S. officials attempting to complete the required reviews have been prevented from doing so by local Vietnamese officials even though they had been allowed to do this in the past without any restrictions being imposed by the Vietnamese authorities. This action has further delayed some cases. The US government is reaching out to these Vietnamese government officials regarding our ability to perform the reviews, and in some cases we have been able to resume field investigations."

I hope this is not happening at Kyle's orphanage. But, my gut tells me there has to be something wrong b/c no one has been approved for so long from his orphanage. I know many of the adoptive parents who have children from this orphanage are very anxious as well.

Well, I am still waiting on pins and needles for some sort of information.... In the mean time, I think I'll go cook some eggs on my sidewalk...

No comments: