Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Approval to Travel!!!

We got approval to travel to Vietnam from USCIS (US Citizenship & Immigration Services) last night- YEA! Nothing like waiting till the last minute- we were on working day 55 of 60. We are very excited to at last have an end to our journey to have another child! It has been a long 4 years to have another child... lots of ups and downs. We finally know we will be able to meet and take Kyle home soon and have a family of four. Devin is very excited to bring "brother Kyle" home and wants to know if we are going today... "Well, not today Honey- but very soon..." I need to make some phone calls this morning to our adoption agency to find out more details of our travel and G& R date. The G&R is Vietnam's "court date" to officially receive and adopt Kyle. They usually set the date soon after receiving your I-600 approval to travel. So, we should be traveling in the next 10 days to 3 weeks. I don't think it will be immediately as there is another group traveling from our agency (Danang Red Cross Orphanage) in Vietnam right now. They usually don't want 2 groups traveling at once. I should find out more later today or tomorrow. Of course, Murphy's Law comes into play b/c my bi-annual family reunion is in <2 weeks & I was really looking forward to seeing everyone. So, I don't know if we will make it. I will keep you posted as soon as I find out...

1 comment:

Mia's Mommy said...

Congratulations Traci. I know you've been waiting for a while. Other than holding your baby for the first time, there's nothing sweeter than the TA!

Melissa