Sunday, July 27, 2008

Oceanside, CA

Hi-

Well, its been a hectic week getting ready for our vacation to Oceanside, CA for my family reunion and packing for Vietnam. I am now in Oceanside ... finally figured out how to get on the internet in my room It is quiet now... kids are up & watching Lady & the Tramp. Thought I'd take a few quiet moments to myself and update before the mayham starts. I was on emergency duty at the clinic last weekend and I got slammed with emergencies. So, needless to say, I did not get much done to prepare for our trip. Thank God we got a lot of notice before traveling. There have been some families from my agency who have only a 1-3 days notice! Well, I worked MWF and was on emergency duty and again Thursday night. Of course, I got called out on emergencies Thurs night & Friday morning. Again, it set me behind on the packing. So, I've been scrambling getting everything packed for the family reunion and Vietnam. Lots of final preparations to be away from our farm for 3 weeks! Jack was cleaning the pastures, cleaning & filling stalls and spraying for weeds the morning we were leaving. I had to set up two of my friends... thanks Deb & Lynne... for taking care of all the animals and house while we are gone. We are having a neighbor irrigate our pastures while we are gone. We have our lawn guys coming while we are gone. And, of course, packing all the paperwork, plane tix, visas, passports, medications, etc.. we will need.

Well, we left yesterday morning a little late ... drove 3 houses down to our neighbor's house to firm up plans for irrigation and Devin asks "Are we there yet??" Uh Oh. Seriously, we were only 100 yards away from our house! She proceeded to ask us about 30x for the next 6 hours if we were there yet.... Just wait till we have a 20 hour plane flight next week. I think we are in trouble... Just gotta smile and say, "Not yet peanut."

We are at a timeshare right on the beach in Oceanside, CA. Most of my family members are here and it is great to see everyone. We took the kids down to the beach last night for about 1/2 an hour b/c they were so excited. Devin has never been to the ocean before! She love, love, loves water!! So, we are going to the beach today & then celebrating my parents 50th wedding anniversary tonight. Should be a fun day. I will write more about our travel plans to Vietnam later this week!!

No comments: