Thursday, July 10, 2008

Organ donors, reunion, & rambling...

This is the beautiful sunset the other night... well we are still waiting with no end in sight. Other families who are waiting for their children from the same orphange are now past the 60 working days our government promised. I am now on working day 54... so it looks like we will go past the deadline as well. At this point, we have no idea when we will bring Kyle home. I talked to the director of our Vietnam agency and their hands are tied. They cannot interfere with the US government's investigations and approvals of international adoptions. So, if we go past the deadline, he encouraged me to contact the USCIS, my senators, etc... You can bet your booty I will be. I have already written generic letters to my senators and emailed the USCIS (they did not respond). I am waiting to hear what happens with the families who have are now over the 60 working days. On a bright note (the only one), it looks like I will be going to my family's reunion in San Diego in a couple weeks. I will be excited to see everyone and celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary.

On an odd note, I recently read that people from other countries believe that people from the US adopt children from other countries to harvest the children's organs!!! How gross and weird is that! This belief is prevelant and very real in Vietnam, China, Guatemala, etc... One Vietnamese man who even came to the US to study took months to convince him otherwise... He said, I can't believe the adoptive parents spend so much time & money and get emotionally involved and then do that! Huh?! In Vietnam, they think Americans sell the children's organs to China. This is about the weirdest belief I have ever heard about the US. Kindy creepy that the when the Vietnamese people see our family with Kyle they will think we are going to harvest his organs! Our agency's facilitators wife said it is true and many adoptive parents have heard this rumor. Remember the rumor going around the internet about people steeling people's kidneys and found in the bathtub full of ice? Well, I guess this is similar but other country's citizens really believe it.

Anyway, I haven't posted much lately... b/c we are in limbo. That is all for now...

No comments: