Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hanging in there

Well. I'm back to Arizona. Back to work. Back to my wild children. Still feeling sad and down. Took the kids to the Phoenix Zoo this morning with the Mom's club. Didn't really feel like going b/c I just don't really feel in that great of a mood- but I did it anyway. My kids were really good last week. They deserved a nice day out- they were stuck inside all last week. I was sad and probably not the best mom last week in terms of giving them lots of attention. Thank God for Jack last week- he really helped me a lot by watching the kids when I was sad or trying to help my family. The kids had a nice time today and burned off some energy. Kyle didn't take a nap today- totally bummed me out. I really look forward to those 2 hours! Devin is awake then- but she can watch a DVD or draw or play quietly to give Mom a "time out". :)
I went back to work yesterday. I tried to stay focused to keep my emotions in check- but did cry a little when we first went out on calls. Then, things got hectic and I ended up euthanizing my first two patients. So, no time for crying. But, it was good to be busy and take my mind off my Dad. My dad was buried yesterday in West Virginia. My mom and 3 sisters went- plus about 15 other relatives in that area. Would have liked to go--- but had to get back.

No comments: